Tough times for small business? Yes – it’s not the first time and it won’t be the last.
All businesses need to have marketing plans, but it is especially important for small business.
Here are some reasons why your business should have a solid marketing plan.
- A good marketing plan will keep your business on track. It’s easy to get lost in everyday details. If you plan your marketing, you’ll be able to focus your efforts on the bigger picture.
- A marketing plan will map out a strategy to build and maintain awareness of your business and brand. Unless your business is completely unique, you’ll have competition out there. Your marketing should be more effective than your competitors’.
- Planning can keep costs down. Good marketing plans mean you can better utilize your resources. No last-minute decisions you will regret later.
- Following a marketing plan allows tracking of metrics. All good plans include an evaluation periodically. What’s working, what’s not. Making adjustments on an on-going basis will keep your goals front and center.
- A marketing plan means more flexibility. It may sound counter-productive, but it’s true. Even though you have a marketing plan in place, it doesn’t stop you from adjusting it to take advantage of a new opportunity that comes your way. In fact, it makes it easier because you can more easily review your plan and decide how the new opportunity fits.
If You don’t have a Marketing Plan, find out how easy it is to develop on TODAY.