It’s that time of year again…
The malls are overcrowded, your planning for your holiday cookie exchange, your inbox is overflowing with discounts and sales, your in-laws are calling you every other day about dinner plans and as a business owner it just so happens to be the BUSIEST time of the year! It’s time for you and your business to embrace this fun Holiday. After all, it is the most wonderful time of the year.
You’re probably wondering how in the world are you going to fit in time to create holiday content while working crazy hours in the business. This season is where every brand out there is pushing for attention and in order to get noticed your business needs to do something different to stand out.
Look no further, we’ve got 12 days of content to help you get ahead on your holiday marketing and rock this holiday!
Before you start creating holiday content, start by sprucing up your social pages into the “holiday theme.” You may consider changing your Facebook Cover Photo, Profile picture or your E-Newsletter headers. We recommend sticking with the same colour scheme throughout all of your holiday marketing.
So, are you ready to start creating content? Here we go!
12 Days of Holiday Content:
- Create a Gift Guide – There’s nothing like a “one-stop shop” that fulfills all of your shopping needs. Make it easy for your customers to see what products/services you have and potential promotions you have during this season.
- Run a Giveaway – ‘Tis the season for giving! This is the perfect time to give back to your loyal customers and followers. Everyone loves a giveaway, especially around Christmas when people are already buying gifts for their family and friends.
- Share your Goals – Create a graphic or video about your wins for this year (or what you are thankful for!). In return, ask your customers what their wins are. The key is to create meaningful engagement with your audience. In addition, you can give them a sneak peek at what you have planned for the upcoming year.
- Free eBook – This is a great way to bring in new customers and treat your loyal customers/followers. Share a free eBook, infographic or guide in exchange for an email address, subscription or friend invite.
- Photo Contest – Put on a photo contest with your followers or customers. This may be taking a festive picture (Your kids sitting around the Christmas tree, yourself going for a walk on a nice winter day, a cozy scene with a big mug of hot chocolate). Ask your followers to take photos and tag your business. You can create a hashtag like #christmasphotocontest #holidayswith(businessname) and enter the participants in a random drawing for a discount or prize.
- Recipe or DIY Craft Post – Even if your business isn’t related to the food or art industry, the Holidays are a great time to tap into the personal side of your business and show people what you like to do for fun. This is a great way to start different types of conversations with your audience.
- Ask a Question – Have fun with your marketing! Ask your audience a question around the Christmas theme. “What is your favourite Christmas movie?” or “What’s your favourite Christmas song?”. Asking questions on your social page will spark engagement with your audience in a fun way!
- Go LIVE – This may be a first for you, however there are so many great things to capture this time of year. While you are attending a special holiday event share it with your audience. Some Examples: Charity events, Santa Clause Parade, Decorating your tree, Christmas markets etc.
- Giving back to the Community – If your business is participating in a charity event or supports a local charity than create content from it. Moreover, educate your audience on what the charity is about and how you are giving back to the community.
- 12 Days of “Something.” – Challenge your audience to do something for the last 12 days leading up to Christmas. For example: Fitness challenges, photo challenges, self-care challenges etc. You can also create a hashtag for this to bring your community together, for example: #FitForTheHolidays.
- Say Thank You – There is so much to be grateful for, especially your customers. Take a moment to genuinely thank them for their support and following your journey. You can do this with a video, creating a graphic or a personalized HANDWRITTEN card. “It’s the little things in life that mean the most.”
- Celebrate “Micro-Holidays” too – Between November – December there are many holidays to take advantage of and create content around :
– Black Friday
– Cyber Monday
– Boxing Day
– New Year’s Day
We hope these content ideas help you create a stellar holiday marketing plan!